Why join rotary?
Each Rotary club strives for a membership that is an up-to-date and progressive representation of its community’s business, vocational, and professional interests. Membership in Rotary offers a number of benefits, including:
* Effecting change within the community
* Developing leadership skills
* Gaining an understanding of — and having an impact on — international humanitarian issues.
* Developing relationships with community and business leaders
Rotary membership is by invitation of local clubs. If you would like to be considered for membership by our Rotary club, or are simply interested in finding out more about Rotary or our own Club, please contact us. We would be very happy to have you along as a guest at one of our meetings.
For more information,
- Download our club brochure or
- Click here to learn more about Rotary International or
- Download our brochure “Rotary Basics”.
The Object of Rotary
All Rotary members are to familiarise themselves with The Object of Rotary.
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND. High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four Way Test
In addition, as a member of Rotary, you are expected to apply the The Four-Way Test of things we say and do
- Is it the Truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it bring goodwill and better friendship?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Bentleigh Moorabbin Central Rotary Club expectations and obligations
Our club has some member expectations and obligations:
- Serve your club by being a member of, and active participant in, one of the committees formed to run the Club and ultimately serve as a member of the Board.
- Assist in the running of our major fund-raising activity, the Bentleigh Market. Each member is expected to help here about once every ten weeks or so. This comprises a Sunday morning commencing at about 6.30am and finishing at about 1pm. About one in three duties will see you acting as the market leader for that day which carries with it some additional responsibilities.
- Participate actively in club activities including projects and social events.
- Conduct yourself at meetings and other occasions in a polite and considerate manner.
- Club Meeting February 13th 2019 Rotary Vocational Service
- Club Meeting January 30 DI Andrew Stamper
- Club Meeting January 23 2019 Dr Helen Parker
- Club Meeting July 18, 2018 Kids Under Cover and New Member
- Club Meeting Wednesday 13th December 2017 Christmas
- Club Meeting Wednesday 8th November 2017 DG Visit and 2 New Members
- Meeting February 8th 2017 Griefline Awareness and new member
- Meeting November 30 2016 AGM and New members
- Premier Dan Andrews Visits Rotary on Bentleigh Family Fun Day
- Meeting October 19 2016 Membership
- Club welcomes two new members